Tuesday, June 14, 2011

On The Horizon

One week from the official beginning of summer and here in Bavaria we are still wearing jeans and the occasional jacket.  Oh yes, there are sunny-and-warm-and-want-to-need-these-shorts-that-I-found-in-the-bottom-of-my-drawer days, but those are NOT the norm.  Please do not misunderstand me.  I truly enjoy a cooler summer, and I love that the fields that were once dazzling white when we first arrived are now all varieties of luscious green.  Seasons ... "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven..."

Now we are closing the "books" on grades nine, seven, and five.  While I finish up administrative tasks, we have already launched our summer school schedule.  Before you groan too loudly or roll your eyes, please note that while our summer school may include writing, Latin review, and math drills, it also includes a "geography blitz" on southwestern Germany, a small slice of Switzerland, and the Provence region of France.  WHY?  Simple preview of where we are heading in July! 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Your summer school and travel schedule sound wonderful:) btw, I wear a jacket too right now--despite non-jacket weather--you know the one--my sun protective jacket.