Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ahhh ... Sweet Release

Purge: to cleanse or rid of impurities, foreign matter, or undesirable elements

This is the word that quickly came to mind when Patrick shared the news that we HAVE ORDERS!! Although I have yet to set my own eyes upon a copy of these orders, I am still making lists of all the areas of this house that will have a complete purging ... and soon.

*I envision post-it notes with labels of "KEEP," "SELL," and "TRASH IMMEDIATELY" on most everything ... inanimate.

*I fantasize about the mounds of unused, unwanted, and unnecessary toys and stuff that will finally be released from the bonds of this family with the help of this loving mother's commitment to purge.

*I contemplate the pros and cons of Craig's List versus Yard Sale when it comes to selling the big items that must be "purged" so that all the books may travel to Germany.

*I imagine the day when Maintenance will make their final visit to fix whatever is ailing this lovely house we've called home for the past two years.

*I dream of the day when the HHG (Household Goods) will be neatly and clearly separated from the UB (Unaccompanied Baggage) and awaiting the arrival of the TSP (Transportation Service Provider).

After the purging ... when simplicity reigns ... then we will (or at least we "should") rest and revel in the relationships that God has blessed us with here in Hawaii until it's time to say "Aloha."

No comments: